My name is Xander Dumaine. I want to help people be better people, and help software help people be better people. I believe in equality and diversity in all things. I climb rocks, read books, write code, and ride bikes.
I'm currently working on full stack web development using TypeScript, React, and AWS Lambda+Dynamo+more. I also work on tools and documentation for organizational standards and developer experience, as well as e2e testing.
I hold two patents:
- Technologies for monitoring interaction between customers and agents using sentiment detection
- System and method for analyzing web application network performance
I did an interview podcast with UC Buyer about WebRTC in contact centers.
I'm currently a Principal Software Engineer at a company called JupiterOne, where I'm working on full-stack web development with TypeScript, React, AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, Terraform, and more.
I like writing modular, reusable components, SMACCS (LESS/SASS), and focusing on building accessibility-minded HTML. I put a large focus on code review for maintainability, standards, and accessibility.
Here are some of my technical posts (yikes, these are older than my kids, I should write more!):
- Reviewing Dependencies: NPM, Ember and SemVer
- Multipoint Video Conferencing with WebRTC and an SFU
- Improved Chrome Extension UX, again
- Asynchronous Data Calls in Windows Store Apps
- Authenticating an HTTP Request with Client Certificates in iOS
- Uploading a Photo as Multipart Form Data in C
- Choosing a photo from the photos library in Windows 8
- Setting up Wordpress URL Structures for Ghost
- Self Improvement 2.0 and the Role of Software
More about me
In my free time, I'm currently exploring woodworking and CNC machining.
I maintain an Adopt-A-Highway road in Durham, picking up litter regularly to keep my community clean.
I donate blood as often as legally possible, through Power-Red and Whole-Blood O+ donations.
I learn more about being a husband (12 years!) and a father (4.5 years!) every single day, and believe my greatest purpose is to help my kids be a part of continuing to improve the world through kindness, hard work, and education.
I'm on the web: