My name is Xander Dumaine. I want to help people be better people, and help software help people be better people. I believe in equality and diversity in all things. I climb rocks, read books, write code, and ride bikes.
I'm currently working on full stack web development using TypeScript, React, and AWS lambda.
I did an interview podcast with UC Buyer about WebRTC in contact centers.
Here are some of my technical posts:
- Reviewing Dependencies: NPM, Ember and SemVer
- Multipoint Video Conferencing with WebRTC and an SFU
- Improved Chrome Extension UX, again
- Asynchronous Data Calls in Windows Store Apps
- Authenticating an HTTP Request with Client Certificates in iOS
- Uploading a Photo as Multipart Form Data in C
- Choosing a photo from the photos library in Windows 8
- Setting up Wordpress URL Structures for Ghost
- Self Improvement 2.0 and the Role of Software
More about me
Since I've already graduated from college and working full time, I'm trying to improve my skills by working exploring new frameworks, languages, and projects.
I'm currently a Senior Software Engineer at a company called LifeOmic, where I'm working on full-stack web development with TypeScript, React (+Native), AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, Terraform, and more.
I like writing modular, reusable components, SMACCS (LESS/SASS), and focusing on building accessibility-minded HTML. I put a large focus on code review for maintainability, standards, and accessibility.
In my free time, I'm currently exploring woodworking and CNC machining.
I'm on the web: